Looking back at last week’s biggest news, including price analyses for BTC, ETH, and XRP.
The annual WEF gathering is behind us, Britain actually Brexitted (with some firms taking a serious punt on advertising the fact), and today the Iowa caucus kicks off in the US. So far, the markets haven’t crashed, in fact, BTC is even up!
Deribit launches daily BTC options. At the same time, Bakkt data reveals it is a barren landscape, though it appears CME can certainly claim more (all) of the market.
And finally, Twitter, in a bid to placate the frothing masses of CT, has released a Bitcoin emoji. Surely the last barrier preventing more institutional flow 😂
Below is our weekly roundup of industry and coin specific news. If you’d like to get in touch with us about any of our products or services, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us a note.
Latest Industry News
VanEck’s investment case for Bitcoin
- Bitcoin may potentially increase portfolio diversification because of its low correlation to traditional asset classes, including broad market equity indices, bonds and gold
- A small allocation to bitcoin significantly enhanced the cumulative return of a 60% equity and 40% bonds portfolio allocation mix while only minimally impacting its volatility
Genesis Capital releases Q4 insights report
- Genesis Capital released its Q4 Insights report, which demonstrates sustained growth in its lending business originating $1.1 bn, an increase from their prior all-time high of $868 million in Q3
- As with any lending market, as more debt enters the system there is increased risk to the market. The growth of derivatives also plays a role since many of these firms are borrowing to execute their trades which adds another layer of risk
How fund managers view lending and staking
- Volatile crypto is nurturing its fixed-income side. Crypto lending activity is growing on decentralised finance (DeFi) network
- Staking, where investors reap payments for locking up assets in functions essential to network protocols, is moving into crypto’s mainstream, with large crypto exchanges offering staking services for users
Latest Coin News
- Price Analysis: Ripple soars over the weekend, jumping above $0.26 to form February highs at $0.2622
- xSpring opens developer relations forum
- XRP is the new remittance standard? (podcast)
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can have the latest news delivered to your inbox every Monday morning.