Looking back at last week’s biggest news, including price analyses for BTC, ETH, and XRP.
Last week Copper was meant to host an event in Zürich with our Swiss partners, 21Shares. Unfortunately due to public health concerns surrounding the spread of coronavirus this event was postponed. The discussion would have focused on structured products and 21Shares new ETP. We will reschedule the event when there is more clarity on containment of coronavirus.
We include our monthly regulator roundup for February, but it’s worth highlighting how active the FCA has been in the first week of March. In particular, wrongly calling out Kraken, and then following up with Bitmex. The French and German authorities have also been quite active at the start of the month.
Below is our weekly roundup of industry and coin specific news. If you’d like to get in touch with us about any of our products or services, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us a note.
Latest Industry News
February Regulator Roundup
- Libra pushes on, the US backs crypto SRO and token sale safe harbour, coronavirus delays CBDCs and crypto-friendly banks moon as governments scramble to follow
- Our latest bumper edition covers BaFin classifying cryptocurrencies as a financial instrument, and 140 other updates to keep you busy
MIT panel say blockchain is not yet a clear choice for CBDCs
- Experts argued that blockchain as a technology is not yet a clear choice due to challenges regarding privacy protection, interoperability, and the ability to move value
- At the same time, they believe that the introduction of CBDCs is a necessary improvement upon the existing global financial system because they advance financial inclusion
Proving That Tether Manipulated BTC 2017 Bull Run Won’t Be Easy
- The case has reached an inflection point where the plaintiff groups that had been competing among themselves for primacy must now coalesce and confront iFinex Inc. directly
- The scope of market manipulation can differ from industry to industry. It’s one thing to prove market manipulation with commodities futures but another to prove it with equity securities
Latest Coin News
- Price Analysis: Price holds ground above $8,000 as Ethereum and Ripple try to force a recovery above primary support zones. Read More
- Crypto’s no refuge in market carnage as Bitcoin slumps to $8k. Read More
- A power plant in NY is reportedly mining roughly $50k in BTC each day. Read More
- Price Analysis: Price defends key channel support after losses extended below $200. Read More
- CryptoKitties’ Dieter Shirley on breaking Ethereum and NFTs. Read More
- Ethereum’s ProgPoW debate is about more than mining. Read More
- Price Analysis: Price bulls nurse wounds closer to the key support at $0.20. Read More
- Ripple CTO David Schwartz explains whether XRP can be destroyed. Read More
- 63m XRP moved involving Jed McCaleb. Read More
Subscribe today to receive these updates directly to your inbox every Monday morning.