Looking back at last week’s biggest news, including price analyses for BTC, ETH, and XRP.
If you’re in town, the Copper team will be at DAS:London today from 9am. CEO Dmitry Tokarev will join panellists from Nickel Digital Asset Management, Cambrial Capital, Genesis, and Byte Tree for a discussion about the state of prime brokerage in digital assets.
Below is our weekly roundup of industry and coin specific news. If you’d like to get in touch with us about any of our products or services, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us a note.
Latest Industry News
Copper.co integrates with DV Chain to boost liquidity for institutions
- DV Chain’s clients will benefit from the efficiency and security of Copper’s T-0 settlement framework
- The integration will allow Copper’s clients instant and secure access to DV Chain’s liquidity through its prime brokerage infrastructure – so they may make trades through the Copper platform
SEC Commissioner proposes 3-year safe harbour period
- Hester Peirce wants to give legitimate crypto projects a shot at success without running afoul of U.S. securities laws
- Under Peirce’s proposal, crypto startups would have a three-year grace period from their first token sale to achieve a level of decentralisation sufficient to pass through the agency’s securities evaluations, including the Howey Test
Value locked in DeFi markets hits $1bn
- With Ether (ETH) breaking through the $200 mark yesterday, $1 billion in value is now locked in the DeFi markets
- Defipulse stats reveal that one year ago today, the value locked in DeFi was roughly a quarter of what it is now, at $276 million
Latest Coin News
- Price Analysis: Ethereum conquers the resistance at $220 but settles under $230 in a bullish action-filled weekend session
- ETH futures will launch on a CFTC regulated exchange this year
- Are investors buying the 2.0 hype?
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can have the latest news delivered to your inbox every Monday morning.