Highlighting what went right, and what went wrong, in this week’s crypto news analysis.
The Copper team have arrived en masse for the NYC blockchain week 2.0. Tomorrow will be dedicated to Coindesk’s Invest show, followed by DAS Markets on Wednesday. Please get in touch with any meeting requests.
Below is our weekly roundup of industry and coin specific news. If you’d like to get in touch with us about any of our products or services, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us a note.
Latest Industry Updates
Pension funds double crypto asset exposure
- Morgan Creek Digital now takes up around 1 percent of the assets of two Fairfax Retirement System pension funds
- The Morgan Creek fund was characterised as a private equity venture capital fund, and a replacement for a small capitalisation US equities fund in their portfolio
MAS and JPM develop network for multi-currency payments
- MAS expects the new network to provide businesses with significant cost efficiencies. The prototype is reported to provide interfaces for other blockchain networks to connect and integrate without friction
- It is undergoing industry testing to determine its ability to integrate with commercial blockchain application
Bakkt BTC futures daily trading hits new record
- The daily volume of 1,741 (about $15.5 million) represents a 109% increase over the 834 contracts traded the day before with each contract being equivalent to one Bitcoin
- The company is also expected to launch the first regulated Bitcoin options contract on Dec. 9
Latest Coin News
- Price analysis: There is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $9,100 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair
- Bitcoin’s next ‘Halving’ may not pump the price like last time
- Bitcoin mining difficulty sees biggest 2019 drop as hash rate spikes
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can have the latest news delivered to your inbox every Monday morning.