Highlighting what went right, and what went wrong, in this week’s crypto news analysis.As the year draws to a close, standby for the onslaught of 2019 reviews and 2020 outlooks. Copper is no exception, as next week we will bring your our Founder’s Perspective.
In the meantime, it’s safe to say the industry continues to evolve at pace amid controversy, price volatility, and regulatory inconsistency (not FUD, just fact).
Below is our weekly roundup of industry and coin specific news. If you’d like to get in touch with us about any of our products or services, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us a note.
Latest Industry News
NY regulator aims to give freedom to crypto exchanges
- New York State’s financial regulator has proposed a set of frameworks that would allow cryptocurrency exchanges to list new coins and tokens without regulatory approval
- The regulator has seen NY become one of the most forward-thinking states when it comes to cryptocurrency regulation, launching its initial frameworks and BitLicense in 2015
Call to Exhume Quadriga CEO’s Body
- The “questionable circumstances” behind the death of QuadrigaCX’s CEO last year led lawyers representing customers of the trading platform to request that his body be exhumed
- Gerald Cotten died on Dec. 12, 2018 of complications due to Crohn’s disease in Jaipur, India, according to an affidavit from his widow
Sweden’s central bank to partner with Accenture for e-Krona
- Riksbank, Sweden’s central bank, said that it would partner with Irish professional services company Accenture to create a pilot platform for a digital currency dubbed the e-krona
- As noted in a report, the Riksbank has been looking closely at whether it should issue a digital currency, as the use of cash has declined sharply in Sweden in recent years
Latest Coin News
- Price analysis: Reclaiming support at $7,200 will boost Bitcoin towards the much-needed triangle breakout
- 1.6 trillion Bitcoin transactions facilitated over last 2 years
- Europe’s new regulations force Bitcoin service provider to shutdown
- Price analysis: Ethereum narrows towards $140 support as the upside remains impenetrable
- Fidelity Digital Assets to consider rolling out Ethereum support
- Santander redeems $20m bond using Ethereum blockchain
- Price analysis: The technical picture suggests that XRP bulls should brace for more losses
- Ripple’s revamped Xpring platform looks to boost XRP development
- Remittance firm Send Friend claims to save 80% in fees
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can have the latest news delivered to your inbox every Monday morning