It wasn’t just prices that shifted last week, executives seem to be on the move as well. Most notably, Coinbase’s CTO Balaji Srinivasan. It also appears Facebook has scooped a top crypto-academic, and Fidelity has been poaching at Barclays.
Copper’s CEO will be in New York speaking at the on the 15th of May. He will be joined on the panel by Travis Kling of Ikigai Asset Management, John Nance of Dealbox, and Roy Niederhoffer of R.G. Niederhoffer. The panel will be moderated by Ryan Selkis of Messari. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange a meeting during New York Blockchain week.
Below we have our weekly roundup of industry and coin specific news. If you’d like to get in touch with us about any of our products or services, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us a .
Latest Industry News
Bitfinex non-white paper emerges
- Details have surfaced from a prominent Bitfinex shareholder revealing a planned crowd-fundraise of $1bn USD
- The exchange token will be called Unus Sed Leo (LEO), and is said to be similar in scope to Binance coin
MIT professor leaves to work on Facebook
- One of the most well known names in token economics, Christian Catalini, is said to be on leave from his MIT teaching post in favour of Project Libra
- Sources say Facebook is working on a stable coin, which will be used for in-app purchases across the facebook group of products, including WhatsApp and instagram
Fidelity survey shows demand from institutions
- Covering the opinions of more than 400 investors, the survey said 57% were ready to buy directly, while up to 74% were keen on derivatives
- Participants were still uneasy about market volatility and the obscure trading and price discovery mechanisms
Latest Coin News
- would put pressure on the current price of BTC
- Lightening users can now receive payments via the
- Money transfer firm
- (Euronet Worldwide) joins RippleNet
- Nasdaq will add
- to global data service
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can have the latest news delivered to your inbox every Monday morning.