Highlighting what went right, and what went wrong, in this week’s crypto news analysis.
We won an It’s not our first, it won’t be our last, but it’s certainly great validation that the products and services we are building are recognised as class-leading by the industry they serve.
Many thanks to our clients and partners, who are essential in the product design and development of our offering. And to the judging panel at HFM Technology, who said, “Over the last year [Copper] has demonstrated a commitment to product innovation and indeed deep understanding of the regulatory drivers that impact the blockchain and crypto sector.”
Below is our weekly roundup of industry and coin specific news. If you’d like to get in touch with us about any of our products or services, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us .
Latest Industry News
Bakkt goes live today
- After two delays and 13 months of questions, the Intercontinental Exchange-backed bitcoin warehouse and futures contract facilitator is launching
- Bakkt’s futures will be physically settled, meaning buyers receive BTC at expiration, whereas the futures available at the CME are cash-settled – essentially side bets on the cryptocurrency’s price
CME Group will offer options on BTC futures
- The new products are intended to help institutions and professional traders manage spot market Bitcoin exposure, as well as enable them to hedge Bitcoin futures positions in a regulated exchange environment
- Pending regulatory approval, the new options will launch in Q1 2020
CBOE withdraws ETF proposal from SEC review
- On Tuesday, the SEC published a notice that the CBOE had withdrawn its application for the VanEck/SolidX Bitcoin ETF on 13 September
- Although no reason was given, the decision to withdraw the proposal came just weeks after the firm began offering a limited Bitcoin ETF for institutions
Latest Coin News
- BTC mining difficulty set to
- this quarter
- $155 million in
- as BTC breaches $10k support
- Eth hits longest run of daily
- in nearly four months
- US Attorney’s office indicts
- in EtherDelta hack
- Ripple files
- suit that alleges the firm broke securities laws
- Ripple transfers
- to OTC wallet
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can have the latest news delivered to your inbox every Monday morning.